So we had another counseling session this morning and well...I am just not sure how it is going. I feel like we haven't done much for 2 sessions other then my husband holding back info and then this morning I felt like he just threw me under the bus. I can't read the counselor either. So I am not sure what he is thinking really. He said that he wants to see us seperatly. So next week Jim will go by himself and I will go by myself the following week. So maybe the 5th session will show more than it has. I know two weeks is not a lot of time to see results but still. I feel like we are going no where. And the length of these session I feel that they are to keep you coming back and back because you don't get much handled. Plus you pay these OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money.
I think at the end of the 6th session if I don't see us working on something or see something working on changing in our relationship then I am not sure I will go back to these people. I am not going to waste time and money if it isn't going to do anyone any good. I would rather find someone else...but right now all it seems like is that he is so focused in on Jim. He has asked him all these questions and doesn't ask me much. The only really personal thing he has asked is how my relationship is with my family but didn't ask why or anything like that. Asked if I wanted to stay married to Jim too.
I am not nervous or anything about sitting down with him by myself so we will see. I just wish I could know if this round of counseling will work. I am tired of rehashing everything to go no were and so nothing really changes.
I was reading today that marriage should be the safe place where you can grow and change. A place to be supported and love...no wonder you are told not to go into marriage lightly or not be totally sure about someone. Cause if you marry the wrong person you have a LOT of work, heartache and pain in your future! I kick myself for not listening to my gut and all my friends and family. But can't change what has happened...I can only change what I can now!
What I need to work on right now is to grow a better relationship with God. Cause he is the only one that give me the stregth I need to do the right thing and to have the right attitude through this whole thing.
Please pray for us!
5.12.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
About Me
- Izabel Main
- Pacific, WA, United States
- I have been over weight pretty much my entire life and I have been suffering from PCOS since puberty. But this is my journey to overcome my weight and to take control of how the PCOS effects my life!

Are u seeing a Christian counseler? Yes u both hav to open up or there's no point in going. I kno people who tried counseling but refused to open up for real and they r now divorced or still miserable. It will suck sometimes but hopefully it helps!! Call me if u need to chat. :)
ReplyDelete