3.26.2010

Finally coming to the end of a ride

Well the last two weeks have been emotional and filled with feelings I would rather not feel. But feeling them has given me a renewed prospective on things. I keep sitting here not taking responsibility for the things I can change and the way my life is. I know there are things I can't change...I can't change the fact that I have PCOS. BUT I can change how I let it effect me. I can't change the fact that to "cure" PCOS that I have to eat diffrent but I can change my attitude towards it.
You always here theses self help people talk about thinking positive and even in the Bible says to "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Col. 3:2-3). So dwelling on things that effect me here is not a good thing. I am not going to die and be held accountable as to weither I had more kids but how I raised the one I was blessed with. God is not going to judge me on what diet or how often I worked out but how I took care of the body he gave me!
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV / 48 helpful votes
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Sometimes sadness breeds good and pure thoughts! Sometimes realizing what we don't have helps better understand and love what we do! God has blessed me with a body and my body does have a difficult condition. But it is still a blessing to have and what I choose to do with my body and how healthy I choose to make my body is what I have to answer for.
There will always be things out of my control and out of reach. But there is always an oppurtunity to seek God and do His will. Even if being strong through rough times is and example to someone else of God's love then that is what I will do.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Pacific, WA, United States
I have been over weight pretty much my entire life and I have been suffering from PCOS since puberty. But this is my journey to overcome my weight and to take control of how the PCOS effects my life!